Saturday, July 30, 2011

Creating Keepsakes Convention

I went to the Creating Keepsakes Convention in Valley Forge, PA today. I decided to take the classes offered by Clear and Simple Stamps on using Copic markers. The classes were fast paced and packed with good stuff! I'm still learning and with more practice I'm looking forward to amazing artwork in my future!

Some butterflies are outlined to add dimension. We were given a Copic Multiliner Pen to add crosshatching to letters and to draw a border. Then we used the trio method to color in the area around the sentiment.

Friend is colored in using the trio method.

I used the trio method on the flower and feathering  on the leaves.

The colorless blender marker was used for the polka dot effect. The white paper flower was colored using the air brush system. Look a NEW Close To My Heart bling button!

For this card we were given white ribbon. Two strips were colored directly on with markers and one was to try out the air brush system.

The background was air brushed using a paper doily.

It's hard to tell in photo but we airbrushed with a Spica pen to add sparkle to the cloud. This sample also shows how Copic markers look on kraft paper, nice!

1 comment:

  1. Cool Crystal! I love the look of the yellow and light blue markers with the kraft paper! I have to play more with that technique! Looks like you had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by my blog today and thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Crystal