Friday, October 2, 2009

October Stamp of the Month: Holiday Warmth


Here is a card I made for a swap using this month's Stamp of the Month. This stamp gave me some problems because of the star on top. I stamped the tree in archival black to color with colored pencils and the blending pen. However, that left the start on top in black. I didn't want to paper piece it because cutting little stars out would drive me crazy! What I wanted to do is add glitter. I knew Prisma glitter would show the black ink. Eventually the idea of using the glitter sheet from our new glitter rub ons came to me. To adhere the glitter I used the Bonding Memories glue pen then let the glue "dry" before I applied the glitter sheet. It worked perfectly. Now I remember why I like solid stamp images better then outlines! It is a cute and whimsical tree though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm glad you stopped by my blog today and thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Crystal