Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Change!

I just heard about Ali Edwards One Little Word. This idea intrigued me. You can see her post about it here. I thought about it yesterday and decided on my word for 2014. It is "change".

I'm reminded of the quote attributed to Albert Einstein "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." To find success in some areas of my life I know I need to change the way I'm doing things! Simple right? Yeah, not so much. Change is often times uncomfortable and stressful.

Then I think,"Without Change, There Would Be No Butterflies." I do love butterflies!


"Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose". I did take four years of French in high school! So the more things change the more things stay the same. I'm not going to change things just for the sake of change, but I'm going to be open to changing the way I do things, looking at the world around me, and seeing changes in me.

I decided to use Close To My Heart's Designed Décor Colonial White Frame to display my word. I'm imagining this as a display that will inspire and showcase the items related to my One Little Word.


The first thing I am doing is changing the way I'm looking at scrapbooking. Often times I don't feel like I have any reason to scrap since I'm single and don't have children. Who would I scrap? Well I'm changing that thought process! It's for me. It's my story. I enrolled in a Big Picture Class: Becky Higgin's Project Real Life. The cards attached to my frame are for the first week of class that begins on January 9. If you're interested in joining me the link is here. I'm eager to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm glad you stopped by my blog today and thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Crystal